Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Monday, April 02, 2007

UPDATE 10:20 PM. Slide Shows are up.

4/2/07 Monday.
Its about 6:40 CST. Just woke up from a three hour nap. Must have needed it! Just brewed a pot of coffee for the evening and will figure out what I'm doing for DinDin later.

I'll be processing some pics this evening so look later tonight for a slide show (follow the Photos Gallery April link to the right.) When I get them posted I'll come back here to this blog and update it letting you know the pics are out there.

I'll post a couple of pics of my camp site along with a short video clip. Also, I ventured into the backwoods to go to the Pivot Rock and Natural Bridge site. This place is apparently in Ripley's Believe it or Not". More on that trip on the photos page along with a slide show.

Jane, let me know the name of your hotel here and I grab a pic or two of it for you to see.

It was mostly sunny this afternoon with a few clouds rolling by. Right now it is clear and 81. Really quite nice out.

Tomorrow I plan on spending a good part of the late AM and early PM downtown in the historic district taking it easy and taking a lot of pics and in general making a nuisance of myself!

I have driven around enough now to get my bearings. There is an old train museum in the area and somewhere the famous mineral springs that started it all. Downtown is such a narrow few blocks. I'd like to find the right perch to get a great shot down main street.

I was advised by the young office person here at the campground to spend my money elsewhere than the Onyx Cave. It was only $5 but the tour lasted about as long as the money! She suggested two other caverns, one probably 15 miles away called Mystic Caverns.

I also figured out I am going to Fayetteville, AR (about 45 min) to an Air Museum during my stay. There is also supposed to be a good display on the Indians who settled this area. They were cave dwellers and lived along the rivers in this whole Ozarks area. Also found out the Ozarks is about 400-450 sq mile area that occupies SE MO, NW Arkansas and NE Oklahoma.

Say, by the way, anybody know how Kenny and his family are doing?

Along those lines, I think I am just going to set up another blog (actually I have created it) for my "special friends" for those topical discussions we started. I just haven't sent any invites out yet. The Yahoo! Group thing just sounds like a real mess, and I'm like Jane...I need a spell checker "thingy"!

My oldest called this afternoon...good to hear his voice. Now, if I can just get his brother to do the same, that would really make my trip!

Bye for now!

See ya later!

Bill

No comments: