4/22/07 Sun. - Drove into Missouri today! Sounds like a big deal but I only traveled less than 15 miles north on Rt23! Took a right at the junction with MO 86 and drove to a little cross roads in farm country called Golden. It sits a few miles from a state lake. Mo has this unusual signage system. There are signs staying "J" or "R" or "K". Don't have a clue to their significance. I was curious about the topography there since it is still in the Ozarks. Well, it seems to flatten out much more than Eureka but still alot of rolling hills and in many places, you still have really open views of ridges in the distance. I didn't take any pictures so I can't show you what I mean. Nice drive though.
Well, off in the distance, and still rather annoying, is an almost constant din of Harley's running down the road. I am getting quite sick of hearing that racket, but hey, I can't do anything about so I'll just accept it as part of the sounds of Eureka Springs.
The rain is on its way along with some fairly stiff breezes. The ole tent is just heaving to and fro...just hope she makes it the rest of the week!
I spent a good chuck of yesterday playing tourist. Jane was in the area but I couldn't connect with her and it was impossible to find a place to park by the convention by late morning so I just went to a Mustang Car Club Rally and a Carving in the Ozarks exhibition and auction. (See the write ups on the April 2007 Photo Gallery for details.)
Now it was somewhat serendipitous that things worked out the way they did. I got to chatting with a guy who runs a B&B and while he was promoting his business to me I did the same to him! We'll see if he has any interest in XS syrups for his business. Really neat fella.
The other thing that happened was that a woman that I have been "chewing the fat" with at a restaurant from about my first day here, just up and gave me her name, address and phone #! Well' I had to give her mine (well, no address of course) I sent a card off to her today inviting her to dinner Friday night at a really nice Bavarian Inn restaurant for an evening of good food and conversation. I think instead of running as fast as I can to Oklahoma City, I'll just stay put another week and see if there is something to this. We seem to get along nicely and she does seem to be a pleasant person.
Well, enough for now...the temps although still probably in upper 60's low 70's feels a little chilly right now and the sky is darkening with the storm clouds moving in...it promises to be a wet week here.
Pray my tent stays in one piece or at least until Weds when my check is deposited. I would then have some options to head for a motel again like I did a couple of weeks ago. I've actually settled in quite nicely in my two room tent. As long as the weather is not freezing, I'll be okay!
See ya!
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment