4/26/07 Thurs. Still in Eureka Springs through the end of the month...and still in my tent! I'm actually beginning to feel like I'm "one with the tent" now. I've gotten use to the non-normal routine that a home or a room affords. I'm much more in touch with the weather than I have been in a long time, that's for sure. It's currently about 48 and drizzling! (Lovely day in paradise!)
My sons are sending me a set of filters for my camera they bought for me for my B'day. Should be here today.
I've spent the better part of about three days working on my League Marketing web site.
I decided I'm going after the small business market for our XS Energy syrups and drinks (primarily the syrups) while traveling. It should be a natural fit for my lifestle now. I've added what I call a "Commercial Accounts" section. I appreciate an IBO from California, Sharon, for enouraging me to go this route.
If any of you are interested in my handiwork go to www.leaguemarketing.com, click on XS Home link, use the password "LEAXS" in caps to get pass the password protection. and look around. I've added some XS logos this morning that dress it up nicely. You will find a link to a form. Go head and complete the form and submit it. Let's see how she works!
I still have to get Quixtar approval before I can use it...just hope it doesn't take 6 months like the other approval I received. I'll probably just use it anyway to get things cranked up and see what issues develop...you know a "test phase" I'll call it if anybody from corporate has a problem.
Other than that I just confirmed dinner tomorrow night with a lady friend of mine by the name of Trish. Even though I'm leaving in a few days, I might as well socialize some with the female species. She's a very pleasant and laid back woman. We seem to hit it off pretty well in our casual conversations over the last several weeks. I'm going to meet her at a really nice place I went to earlier in the month, called the Bavarian Inn. They specialize in Checz (?) and German dishes.
I was having dinner last night at a place called Sparky's (also named after its owners stray dog!) There was a woman who I recognized from NC but I was having a time placing her. Finally went up to her and she didn't remember me right off. I tried to see if there was a connection with my old Unity days, with my ex, with a self-help group and none of it worked. Then she said she retired from Mental Health and it all fell into place. She and I worked in the same Division! She remembered who I was and paid me a nice complement, that I was one of the nicest people she had ever worked with in mental health. (Mary, if you get into this blog and read this, I didn't get a chance to tell you you were one of the kindest people I had ever worked with as well.) She and her husband were in Eureka Springs running a conference (for which slips my mind right now.) What a pleasant surprise to see her here.
Well, I've made a commitment to myself to do a few things the rest of the afternoon so I better get to them.
Planning on driving back down the mountain about 80-100 miles, probably Saturday, and go to what one person told me were the Carlsbad Caverns of Arkansas. This should be good.. it's actually run by the US Forest Service (rather than the National Park Service) and promises to be the best caverns I've seen so far.
See ya later!
Bill's Excellent Adventure! continues...
Bill
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just catching up. How'd it go with Trish. BTW, I'm retired from mental health too! (not sure I ever had it)
Post a Comment