4/20/07 Fri. Well, Rick and I decided to flush the new business idea we had. I just felt uncomfortable with trying to do something in the art world, when that is not my forte. Rick, I think, felt a little out of water as well.
So we move on with our own projects.
It's beautiful in the Ozarks...finally!
Talked with this guy this morning. He and his wife and kids moved to Stillwell, OK (she's a Physician and he's an unemployed actor.) They came out of California and I guess decided it was just not for them any more. Apparently, Stillwell is about 4,000 people proper with about 12,000 in a 10 mile radius. He's looking to set up a coffee shop and I gave him my card and talked a few minutes about the XS energy syrups we market and how he could use them to create a "branded" drink for his shop. He is also getting into DJ stuff. I guess since he saw "marketing" in my title, he thinks I may be able to help him...surprise! I know better...I'll refer him to the Burkhard Agency. If he wants a business card designed, I'll send him to Pat and Sam! He's apparently auditioned for several shows as a host. Be interesting to see if he shows up on one. ( remember the name "Joe". He was talking about how, for one show, they film 5 shows in a day, once a month, and he would get $1600 per month for that one day of shooting. Not bad work if you can get it!
Spent a bout an hour talking with this fella from a small town up by Kansas in Ok. He's Division Chief of the local EMS service there and a former Marine! Good conversation...we swapped cards. He says they are always looking for EMT's regardless of age. (that's encouraging!). This guy encouraged the other guy to keep his town in mind when his wife's contract is up at whatever hospital she is working at expires.
All kinds of networking going on!
Eating mid day lunch of rice, yummm!
Chat later!
Bill
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment