Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Thursday, March 08, 2007

3/8/07 - Thursday. Where to start tonight. Whew...this vacationing stuff and acting like a tourist takes a lot of energy...feels like work! Just spent4 hours processing today's pictures! If I don't do it daily I'll get behind and I'll probably never catch up! It was worth it to me however as I went to this really neat car museum this afternoon called the Lane Motor Museum just a couple miles down the road. The slide show says it all as well as my write up by the photos. I'll spare everyone excess verbiage on this one. The FAQ on their site answers some of the most common questions about the collection. They have this amphibious military vehicle that has tires 9 feet tall and the smallest street legal car in the world!

I decided, by the way to start posting the most current slideshow at the top of the page instead of at the bottom for ease of access.

Took care of the mundane this morning like laundry (which by way it does cost me to use their machines contrary to what I said in yesterday's blog.) Who really cares, right?

Got a noon meeting in as well. Fun had by all.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring...but that's the fun of it all!

Nighty night!

2 comments:

bossdog6 said...

the slide show is really great! i had no idea there were so many car manufacturers.i even probably saw quite a few in england in the 50's as a boy.my best friend's father did have one of the ones that opened in the front and sat two or three rather uncomfortably.keep up the good work,i'm looking forward to more.

Bill's Excellent Adventure! said...

I have a distinct memory of the Isetta, that small car that opens in the front. I remember seeing one in front of my high school one day oh those many years ago. I thought it was really cool looking...what a concept!

I didn't mention this before, but there is a picture in the slide show of a Simca electric car from 1959 (I think was the year.) My brother had one of those, in the regular gas version, that he rolled with me in it!

Held up nicely...we came out of an "S" curve in the country left of center, had three cars coming at us. He pulled the car over to the right and caught the front right tire on the edge of the road. It flipped up upside down and we slide 179' in that position with me yelling at my brother, "Damn you, damn you damn you" three times over!

My brother told me to go out through the window to keep the car from collapsing...I said, "no way" and opened the door with no ill consequences. I'm standing there waiting for my brother to squeeeeze out the small window opening!

Once out, he grabbed his brand new camera he just purchased and ran around taking pictures! Was I embarrassed.