3/5/07 - Monday. Another exciting day in Music City! Didn't vegetate like I did yesterday. Drove out about 20 miles north and again east about the same distance to explore the area and stopped at a few thrift stores and consignment shops looking for a camera tripod (no luck, but enjoyed the trip.)
Traveled thewest side of the J Percy Priest Lake and stopped at their visitors center to get a map. The reservoir has something like 500+ miles of shoreline and is over 40 miles in length. There are 12 islands available for camping on a first come-first serve basis (need a boat though!) Took more pics and several movie clips (primarily of ducks). I found a way to incorporate the movie clips into the slide shows so those are easier to process and hopefully view. I need to pay (ugh! hate to pay) for the Quick Time Pro software so I can edit and I assume combine clips to make them more interesting. Of course, the raw footage needs to be interesting to start with!
Went to a couple of church meetings as well. Got some advice on things to see including an old Civil War Fort to the west of Nashville and a local commuter train with an observation deck I could take to the east toward Lebanon that is supposed to be a rather scenic side trip. Sounds great for pictures (practice, practice, practice!) The station is apparently pretty close to where I am staying. Will do the research on it and go visit and ride while here.
On Tuesday (which is already today since I am up at 3:30 am) I am going downtown to the TN State Museum and the Train Museum.
See ya!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
bill,just signed up to join the party-looks like fun and will help improve my typing skills-there goes my selfish side again trying to see what i can gain from it.i really have been planing on doing this and felt a little ashamed when rj told me he had spoken to you. i'll try to start in the habit of checking in daily when i come in.i usually turn on my system at least once a day.last week pretty much wore me out so i haven't read all your entries yet.i did get e-mail today-tues.i think you were right on both accounts and on your action or lack there of.i am not prone to that sort of thing-i always feel like there is some dark secret i might find out aqnd wish i hadn't
Thanks for joining tha party...it was getting kinda lonely out here. The Rickster has stayed in touch and good to have you on board as well.
I am attempting to post daily, usually in the evenings, as well as post new photo slide shows. My skill level leaves something to be desired and I am still learning my camera software but I've got a goal to work toward!
Trust your days are going well. Thanks for your feedback on the other thing.
Post a Comment