Okay folks...I had to survive a day at Motel Dive (oops, I mean Motel 6) in Asheville without an internet connection! I left Raleigh around 3 pm on Tuesday, 27th after lunching with my boys. Got to Asheville at 7 pm. Room not really bad...it was clean and had a TV.
Today, I left Asheville around 7 am and arrived about 1 pm at the Suburban Extended Stay in Hermitage, just east of Nashville. Lady at the desk got my WiFi working (yea!) so here I am. It was a long drive from Asheville. I'll be staying here through 3/31 in room 223.
You know all that talk about taking my time...well, I did okay with my speed (stuck to speed limits and actually got slightly over 27 mph. Another yea!) I could not make myself stop and take any side trips or pics (I'll get better as time goes on...one day at a time you know!)
The trip from Asheville to about I guess 50 miles the other side of Maggie Valley was really scenic. Of course, I could not make myself pull off the road to enjoy it and take pictures! Felt like I was on a road course playing dodgeball with semi trucks and did not want to get out of the zone". Traffic around Knoxville is like Raleigh or Chesapeake, VA...fast and furious.
Looks like I am at the location (Hermitage) that is the birthplace of Andrew Jackson (sounds like a side trip coming on!) Let me know of anything extraordinary about Nashville beyond the Grand Ole Opry I should visit!
I'm tired...time for my afternoon nap!
See ya!
Bill
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you made it! And you drove at 27 mph...wow you really are a senior citizen. (I couldn't resist commenting on the typo!) I presume you meant mpg, and 27 isn't bad.
Okay, now get out the camera. No taking pictures from a moving vehicle.
what a comedian!
Post a Comment