Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am attempting to blog nightly but ran out of steam yesterday (3/2). Visited the Parthenon (click on the Web Links link on the Itinerary and Photo pages for summary comments and the March Photos for a slide show!)

After the Parthenon, I was obsessed with trying to figure how to to best process some 73 pictures I took (not all of which made it to the slide show.) This is no lie...I spend from about 2 pm until 7 or so processing the pictures and figuring out how to post them.

My software allows me to create a Web Album. That was not hard. It was attempting to figure where to put the thing so I could link to it on the site that was the challenge. My first few efforts didn't work and I figured out I had pictures way too large for the web (1 MB to 2.5 MB each for a total album of 65 MB!) I figured out how to made duplicate images around 50 KB and now it works fine. I have the original images so if anyone wants one or more for enlarging (up to about 11" x 16" I think given the file size and the chart in my camera manual) just let me know and I'll send them to you.

I also could not figure out which file to link to to start the album. I went through about three iterations of uploading taking about an hour each only to find it didn't work!

Well, I finally figured out the routine I need to go through so hopefully future album postings will not be as challenging or time consuming!

Today, I go to the Train Museum and I may go ahead and go to the TN State Museum.

Have a good day...I know I will!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds like an interesting visit. After all the work you did, I hate to tell you this, but I couldn't get the pictures to load. It tried to run an exe file, but my computer just wouldn't open it. No response at all. It could be on my system.

Rick said...

Never mind, I found the other links.

Bill's Excellent Adventure! said...

Rick, when I was setting up the http link originally, I set it to the exe file but I never got the slide show to work. In fact it kept defaulting to a screwed up version of my login page for leaguemarketing.com. I then just linked to the album1.html page and it seemed to function. I was prompted initially to save the exe file on my computer which I did. It didn't seem to make sense since I could not figure out the relationship to my exe file on my system to the website album.

What did you do to make it work for you?

I think the Photobase software that creates the web album, seems to be designed to work on my computer but not on the web (go figure). It also can create a CD but the program does not give me any options or instructions on how to post it to a website. Got any ideas?

Also, when I post a blog message do you receive a copy by email like I do your postings?