Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Saturday, March 03, 2007

3/3/07 - Putz around today. I double checked the schedule for the Train Museum about 2pm and they closed today at 3. Decided to put it off until Monday. I'll make another effort on Monday to get to this museum and the TN State Museum since they are in close proximity to one another. Went to Goodwill to browse for a portable printer (none there.) Went to a meeting this morning and met some nice folks.

Took a drive down by a nearby lake and took some "artsy" pictures I hope. I'll process them tonight and post them. It was sooo windy and cold today. Temp was around 48 but must have had sustained and gusty winds of 10-15 mph. I took a short video clip of the lake with white caps and hopefully the audio track picked up the wind for effect. Almost lost my ball cap (that's not hard to do given I have no hair to help create friction to keep it on!)

Drove out by Andrew Jackson's home but decided to wait for a less windy day to enjoy the grounds. I also got there about the time for the last of the tours. Combined with the wind I'll just put that trip off for another day. Ran across an old Confederate cemetery not far from Jackson's home. I'll check those sights out another day.

Called Bob today to see how his health is doing. He still feels under the weather but improving. Called and talked with Martha as well. RJ was out applying for a job. Sparky seems to be doing okay without me which is good.

The really exciting thing happened around 6 pm or so...the fire alarm went off. I grabbed my camera, laptop and checkbook and got out only to find out they had a malfunction. Went back into my room and about five minutes later it went off again. I called the desk and was told everything was fine, the fire marshall was there and they were figuring out what happened. End of story.

Well, enough idle chit-chat. Starting to sound boring...is that a reflection of my "new reality" I wonder or just an off day? (Just a retorical question...nobody needs to answer!)

See ya!

No comments: