Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Saturday, April 14, 2007

4/14/07 sat afternoon. Spent a wonderful night in the tent! Temps dropped outside to around 37 (still is 37 as I write this!) Rained like the devil most of the night, but tent held up fine with no leaks (of course I have the "big Blue Tarp" covering the entire thing! Keeps the rain and wind out and probably helps some with temp control although my little heater does fine as does a extreme weather army sleeping bag with insulated footie's and head covering. Can't believe I'm planning on staying here the balance of the month. I may pull out once my retirement check rolls in on the 25th and pay the campground back for the adjustment. I am rethinking my strategy. I am in survival mode and I don't like it! Camping will probably be my last resort rather than my first. I think I am willing to pay more for a cozy room than a cold campsite! I am not having fun right now and that violates the premise of my trip, "Bill's Excellent Adventure!" Just trying to warm up is a challenge!

Rick and I are getting cranked up on a new business venture. Time will tell if it works, but I have prepared a mock up of a website. Take a lot at it and tell me what you think.

www.leaguemarketing.com/artisannetwork/index.htm

We are looking for a permanent home for the site (ie, domain and server) so this will change probably before the end of the month. Needless to say I have been spending the bulk of my time in warm places, like the library and before that the motel for a week working on this project.

There is a Spring (ha!) Arts Festival going on this weekend in Eureka Springs and I finally saw some water filtering into one of the springs by the library (the springs have been bone dry ever since I've been here!) By the way the original healing Spring the Indians used is located up the hill where the Crescent Hotel is located. That is one neat hotel. Jane's going to love it and the other old homesteads and hotels and stores when she gets here next week.

Enough jabbering for now! Going to do some business research for a while.

See ya!

1 comment:

jane said...

Its an adventure. You have done well camping so far. Braver than I am on the weather stuff.When the weather gets right you will enjoy it more. Better save money for the hotels when the weather is 100% and you need cool air.There is a reason why while camping you see mostly young people with the tents!LOL!!