4/10/07 Tues. I'll probably expand this post later, but just to let folks know I am warm and cozy in a motel room until at least Friday noon. Kinda "blew my wad" on extra costs for camping equipment, eating out and motel rooms to get out of this weather so I managed to about bankrupt myself! My doc always told me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were good nutritonally so that's what I'll do! Kinda like I put myself out here for all kind of challenges and this is one of them. I'm pretty much going to stay put and conserve funds until the 23rd. It will work just fine. I'm getting very familiar with the local library and its staff! Good place to come out of the weather and get on line. Probably will not see many pics coming out of me until the weather breaks.
Also, I am using this down time to get creative...oh oh, watch out! I'm conceptualizing a new internet business venture. This one would be called "The Artisan Collection Network" It would be a posting service for local artisans who need additional outlets to get their crafts in front of a larger audience, primarily travelers, vacationers, etc. They could post a one line listing or a linked image to their own web sites, or could use a more robust on line system for posting images of their crafts. They would be in complete control of posting and images, pricing, etc. Our role would be to charge a fee, no commissions, for the listings or web pages purchased. I just sent the idea flushed out in more detail to Rick to see if he might want to partner with me. My thought, if Rick wants to help with it, is for Rick to be the background man on the site and I would be out front doing the marketing while I travel! Being a tourist is okay, but I still have that need to be productive. I enjoy looking through art galleries etc., and seeing the merchandise and talking with the owners, so this should be an easy add on to playing tourist!
(Rick, not trying to put you on the spot on the blog! If it's a good idea and you have the time that's great, otherwise don't worry about it.)
Got an email from Doug! Great to hear from him again! Trust things going okay good buddy!
See ya later...time for another P/J sandwich and a nap!
Bill
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, I didn send an email, Bill. Yahoo's really having problems, so maybe it didn't get there. Sounds like something to persue if we can find a good niche.
One suggestion about the food budget is protein bars. I've found them to keep me going when I don't have access to real food. Important to read the ingredients, given the amount of sugar some of them have. I've found "Cliff bars" to be very good and very healthy.
One more word about the Cliff bars. They might be hard to find, but I know in this area, Target sells them.
I think that is a great idea on the art. We can post Norms wood stuff on there. Galleries of art on the web.
It looks like it is going to warm up there next week but a lot of rain coming there. I hope you chase out the bad weather before I get there. Woke up at 3 am ,it's 4 am now;can't sleep!
Have you heard any stuff on the up and coming roudup? One ladie has canceled going the Dr. I wanted you to meet!! Maybe next time.
Post a Comment