Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Thursday, March 15, 2007

3/15/07 - Thurs 8:50 am CST. Well, the predicted rain has arrived...looks like a good day to do laundry! Too bad I lost yesterday to the threat of rain and chose to stay in rather than go to the zoo. As we all know, just get on one day at a time and not worry about yesterday! This tourist stuff and trying to work your way through traffic wears me out! It's too much like work!

Also, I've figured out that those that have administrative permissions can post without their comments being subject to review and they can apparently do the approvals on any posts. I've also thought I'd try allowing anyone access to the blog. Not sure what that does in the end, but I'll try that option for a while. If everyone cooperates and keeps the foul and offensive language out I won't need to moderate posts.

Also, some people have regular dialup access to the web. If it is taking you too long to load pics, let me know and I'll try a less dense or small image size as a trial to see how it works for you. As it is, I take a rather large image file pic of about 1-2.5 MB and reduce it down to about a 60 KB and I can reduce it further. Just means an extra processing step. What I have read is that if I ever want to make a large print I need to maintain a larger file. So I take the image at a large size then reduce it to post it on the web. It is gobbling up my hard drive fast, so I am moving all images to the server as part of my processing and deleting them from the hard drive.

Thanks to advice from Rick I managed to correct a problem from my end viewing my own slide shows. I had installed a WiFi firewall software that apparently conflicted with my browser, firefox (doesn't seem to impact Explorer however). I'm looking around for another encryption WiIFi software (free type of course) that I can try. If anybody knows of one let me know! I've downloaded and installed one called "ipig Client" but it is a trial and only gives me 10MB of bandwidth. I tried it out on the latest and smallest slideshow and it gobbled up 5 MB! I can upgrade and get something like 30000 MB of bandwidth for $30 but would rather try another freebee!

Take care and I'll update this post later today. I'll mark it with an "update" at the top.

See ya!

No comments: