5/7-8/07 Mon/Tues. - I went to the Petroglyph National Monument on Monday. Really quite an interesting place, desolate but fascinating with the Albuquerque suburbs closing in on the base of the monument. The 15,000 + etchings, or petroglyphs are as old as 3000 BC, with most from about 2000-3000 years ago. Check out the photo gallery for a more complete write up.
Today, Tuesday, is a rainy day...a good one to stay inside and take care of laundry, watch TV and piddle with my web site. I watched this evening a car auction from AZ. A '71 cuda convertible sold for $2,200,000! A Shelby AC Cobra went for $1,200,000!
I'm slowly equipping myself for primitive camping which I will do for a couple of weeks beginning the 16th. I'm currently set up for electric campsites, but I'm ready for some wilderness experiences. I'll be out of touch probably for several weeks beginning the 16th unless I find a cell phone signal or WiFi connection someplace. I've got two places in mind to camp. One is at about 4000 ft near Jemez Pueblo north of Alb about 30 miles, the other is further up into the Santa Fe mountain range another 30 miles at about 8000 ft. Probably spend one week in each location.
I'm going to change my strategy quite a bit as the summer comes on and stay more in state and national forests and parks and save the difference for higher rent areas later. In part, I need to do a better job of my "resource management" but I also feel the call to the wild. I really do not miss the cities and their traffic. I'll miss out on the creature comforts, some museums and the like, but I'd rather be in the woods right now.
All for now!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment