Grand Teton

Grand Teton
Sinset on Lake Jackson 9/2008

Sunday, April 29, 2007

4/29/07 Sun - This will be my last entry for the month and in Eureka Springs. I am unsure of my WiFi access while I'm in route to NM so you may not read my ramblings for about three days. I'll be leaving probably mid morning for Oklahoma City for the night, on to Amarillo the next and be in Albuquerque the night of May 2.

I spent the day just relaxing and packing up the inside of my car with all the junk I carry around! Did pass on a few things to Dave and Dawn for their use. I don't need them, hopefully they can, and I could sure use the space. I'll pack up the trunk tomorrow after "striking camp" as we used to say.

I just learned this afternoon that the owner, Lee was living in the Xenia, OH area at the same time I was when the tornado ripped through the town back in April of '73! I haven't had an opportunity to talk to Lee directly yet, but I am looking forward to a brief chat tomorrow before I leave. What a small world this really is.

I did take pics of my hosts today and I'll build a short slide show of them. They have been really nice people to be around, always ready to go the extra mile. I'd recommend any of you coming this way to camp at Kettle. It's been a very pleasant experience. Feeling a little nostalgic leaving here as it's nice to build some friendships along the way. It's nice to view the scenery, but what adds meaning to a trip like this are the people you meet along the way.

I also talked to the owner of a Mexican restaurant I ate at tonight about my XS energy syrups. He seemed willing to look at my site. Can't expect more than that.

Tonight it is a balmy 61 at 9 pm. This should be good sleeping weather.

Nighty-night ya'll (of course, I probably won't get to sleep until really late! Probably watch one of the DVDs my boys sent me for my B'Day on the laptop tonight. Got to admit, I don't miss the TV and all the news I used to be so addicted to. This trip is having its intended effect...to stir my life up a little and to be open to new experiences. I feel 20 again rather than 60! It's great to be alive!

This is Bill of "Bill's Excellent Adventure!" signing off from Eureka Springs! See you on the flip side!

Oh...and don't forget. I'll be in a new time zone in NM. I'll be two hours behind NC.

2 comments:

jane said...

W! Small world. I was in Xenia, Ohio passing out teeth and eye glasses. That was one big deal tornado that year. We were amazed the tulips were standing straight and tall and the house and barn shattered. Amazing what tornados do. See! Even Hypies helped!

Bill's Excellent Adventure! said...

Jane, what in the world were you doing in Xenia! Did you just go in to help out during the tornado aftermath or were you living in the area?

I talked more with Lee from Kettle. His house was between the hospital and the school that got wiped out and his house was leveled. I think it was during a period of time when he was not actually there for the tornado but had lived in the house just a year before.

I'm connected to WiFi in Ok City for the night so email away if you want.